GD Table Avocado Oil Benefit
1. Rich in Oleic Acid, a Very Healthy Fat 富含油酸，一种非常健康的脂肪酸
· Avocado oil is the natural oil pressed from the pulp of an avocado.
· Almost 70% of avocado oil consists of heart-healthy oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid (2).
· This fatty acid is also the main component of olive oil, and believed to be partly responsible for its health benefits (3Trusted Source).
· Additionally, around 12% of avocado oil is saturated fat and about 13% is polyunsaturated fat.
· While avocado oil has a high omega-6 to omega-3 ratio (13:1), this shouldn’t be of concern as the total amount of omega-6 is relatively low.
The most abundant fatty acid in avocado oil is oleic acid, a fatty acid that provides numerous health benefits.
2. Reduces Cholesterol and Improves Heart Health 鳄梨油能降低胆固醇并保护心脏的健康
· Several studies in animals have reported benefits for heart health.
· What’s more, avocado oil and olive oil were found to be the most effective in increasing HDL, the “good” cholesterol.
A few studies in animals show that avocado oil may benefit heart health, including reduced blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.
3. High in Lutein, an Antioxidant That has Benefits for The Eyes 饱含营养眼睛的高抗氧化剂-叶黄素
· Avocado oil is a relatively good source of lutein, a carotenoid that’s naturally found in your eyes (7Trusted Source).
· Your body doesn’t produce lutein, so you must obtain it from your diet (11Trusted Source).
Lutein is a carotenoid found in avocado oil. This nutrient improves eye health and may lower the risk of age-related eye diseases.
4. Enhances the Absorption of Important Nutrients 加强营养吸收，营养素需要脂肪才能被身体吸收
· Some nutrients need fat in order to be absorbed by your body.
· Among these are the carotenoid antioxidants, which are pigments found in many plant foods.
· However, fruits and vegetables rich in carotenoids are typically low in fat.
· The increase was substantial, or 4.3 to 17.4-fold, when compared to a salad without fat.
There is good reason to include a healthy fat source like avocado oil when eating vegetables, as it may increase the absorption of carotenoid antioxidants up to 17-fold.
5. May Reduce Symptoms of Arthritis 减少关节炎的症状
· Arthritis is a disease that involves painful inflammation of the joints. It’s very common and affects millions of people worldwide.
· Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It is associated with the breakdown of cartilage in joints.
· Numerous studies have found that extracts from avocado and soybean oil, called avocado/soybean unsaponifiables, may reduce the pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis (13Trusted Source, 14Trusted Source, 15Trusted Source, 16Trusted Source).
· The extract seems to be especially beneficial for people who have hip and knee osteoarthritis (17Trusted Source).
Multiple studies have reported that a combination of avocado and soybean oil extract may relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
6. May Help Prevent Gum Disease 能有助于预防牙龈疾病
· Extracts from avocado and soybean oil may not only be beneficial against arthritis.
· Some evidence suggests that this combination may also help prevent periodontal disease, also called gum disease.
· This inflammatory disease can include symptoms like red and bleeding gums, bad breath and the breakdown of bone and tissue around teeth (18Trusted Source).
· In worst case scenarios, it can cause tooth loss.
· According to a study in bone cells and periodontal tissue, avocado/soybean unsaponifiables may block a protein called IL1B (19Trusted Source).
· This protein promotes inflammation and is the main driver of tissue destruction and bone loss in gum disease.
Avocado and soybean oil extracts show anti-inflammatory effects by blocking a protein that causes tissue and bone loss.
7. Improves Skin and Enhances Wound Healing 改善皮肤和加速伤口愈合
· The fatty acids in avocado oil appear to be beneficial for your skin.
· One study in 13 patients found that a cream containing avocado oil and vitamin B12 improved symptoms of psoriasis after 12 weeks of treatment (20Trusted Source).
One small study in humans found that a vitamin B12 cream containing avocado oil improved symptoms of psoriasis. Studies in rats have found that avocado oil promotes faster healing of wounds.
8. Neutralizes Free Radicals 中和自由基抗氧化剂对抗自由基造成的细胞损伤
· Antioxidants fight cellular damage caused by free radicals, which are waste products of metabolism.
· By giving electrons to free radicals, antioxidants can neutralize them, preventing them from causing harm.
· Many types of free radicals exist, but oxygen-derived radicals, known as reactive oxygen species (ROS), are the most concerning.
· Mitochondria, the cell organs that produce energy, are major sources of ROS (25Trusted Source).
· According to one study in diabetic rats, avocado oil can protect against the harmful effects of free radicals by entering the mitochondria (26Trusted Source).
· Once there, it’s able to neutralize free radicals and prevent them from damaging this important cell organ.
In rats, avocado oil is able to enter cell mitochondria and decrease the production of harmful free radicals.
9. Is Very Easy to Use 十分容易使用的油
· The last one is not a health benefit, but it’s still really important.
· It’s the fact that avocado oil is highly versatile and easy to incorporate into your diet.
· Here are a few ways to add avocado oil to your diet:
· Add a tablespoon to a smoothie.
· Drizzle over a salad.
· Use it as a marinade for grilling meat.
· Include it when baking.
· Use it in homemade mayo.
· Drizzle it over vegetables before roasting.
· Top hummus off with it.
· Drizzle it over cold soups, such as gazpacho.
· Additionally, avocado oil is sometimes used in cosmetics and skin care products (28).
Avocado oil can be used in many ways. It can be added cold to salads or smoothies, and is also great for cooking, grilling or baking.